12. Grady's Pizza. OMG the BEST pizza EVER! Their sweet pizza sauce is SO UNIQUE and SO DAMN GOOD! I first had Grady's Pizza when I was a college student at Illinois State University.
13. Pier 1 Imports. OMG LOVE their stuff! So cool. So unique. So eclectic. So awesome.
So, there you have it!
Looking at my list, I seriously don't know how I live without these places near me. I know a lot of you, if not most of you, probably have most of these places where you live, try not to rub it in too hard would ya? *grin*
Even though it SUCKS BIG TIME not having any of these stores near me, I wouldn't live anywhere else. We are finally back living near family and friends again and we would NEVER EVER give it up for anything.
I am SO behind with email, blog reading, blog posting, and checking out fellow TT er's. I was behind before we had two extra household guests all this week, now I am REALLY REALLY behind. I just wanted to apologize and let you know that one of these days I hope to be caught up!
PS We will be taking the girls back on Saturday night. I probably won't get a chance to post about our estrogen filled week (including lots and lots of pics!) until sometime next week. It's been insanely busy this week, that's for sure!
Thirteen of my ALL TIME FAVE ice cream flavors, in no particular order.
1. Cookies N Cream
2. Butter Pecan
3. Pralines N Cream
4. Rocky Road
5. Chocolate Fudge Brownie
8. Strawberry with real strawberries mixed in
9. Cookie Dough
11. Ice cream with either toffee or Butterfinger pieces
12. No Sugar Added Chocolate Swirl Yogurt from TCBY, this is what I have had once or twice since finding out about my gestational diabetes, obviously REAL ice cream is out for me. I wasn't eating much ice cream before my GD diagnosis anyway so I am not missing it at all.
Bonus Number 14 Pay it Forward - made me cry like a baby and WOW just WOW!
I'm sure that I have forgotten some of my MOST favorite movies but these are the movies that come to mind this morning. I am sure you noticed my "made me cry like a baby" theme that I have going on in my list. I tend to LOVE movies that make me feel the most emotionally and those that have powerful messages behind them.
2. How much Nathan ADORES Haley already. I can't help but think about this AMAZING blog entry from Y when I think about Nathan and Austin with their little sister in the future. Oh how I cried and cried when I read that entry from Y. The entry made my heart explode into a million little pieces. It's THAT good and amazing.
PS Austin doesn't REALLY get that a baby is on the way. Otherwise I am sure he would adore her as well.
3. Living near family again. It made all of this possible.
4. Kevin's new job.
5. This on whole wheat bagels. OMG. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD.
6. Ok, I don't love sticking myself 4 times a day but this makes it pretty easy. BTW so far so good with diet change. Blood sugar level is great! Hopefully it will continue on this path with diet change alone and I won't need insulin at all.
7. Sugar free choc pudding with sugar free Cool Whip. Heaven in a bowl for women with gest diabetes. Better than ice cream. OMG SOOOOOOO GOOD!
11. Talking to Cara last night. We don't get a chance to talk like we used to. We used to talk every single day, well at least through out the week, for long periods of time, now we are lucky to talk a total of 15 minutes each week. Thank God for email huh?
12. Talking with Sandi right before her mammogram appointment this week.
And last but certainly not least...
13. This picture of Austin. It was right before we moved back home. I believe he was almost 9 months old in the picture below. My how time flies.
I ADORE the Cheerio hanging from his chin.
Click on pic if you aren't able to see it very well. Trust me, it is TOO CUTE and it will make you laugh!
1. I only drink out of glass glasses, I HATE plastic cups. I hate them so much that I would almost rather go thirsty than drink out of plastic. I just don't like the taste or smell of plastic cups.
2. I use an INSANE amount of napkins at mealtimes. Especially if I am eating out. I am always paranoid that I have something on my face or mouth.
3. I LOVE the smell of lotion but I HATE to use it. I don't like to feel wet or sticky. I must be the ONLY female that doesn't like to use lotion. I know I am very very weird. lol. Thankfully, I don't have dry skin.
4. My husband wears a size 17 shoe. No really he does. It really really sucks for him too. Speaking of my husband, he shares the same name as a FAMOUS AND RICH NBA player. We have gotten fan mail in the past. Of course, we always send it back saying they have the wrong person.
5. I am SOOOOOOO weird when it comes to steak. SO WEIRD. I am not much of a meat eater. Hell, if we go to Taco Bell, I NEVER NEVER NEVER get anything with meat in it. It's always the 7 layer burrito for me. When it comes to steak, most people like New York Strip or something similar, not I. I prefer to eat round steak. Round steak grilled. Yes, I know I am very very weird. I like the cheaper, tougher, less fatty steak better than the "GOOD" steak. I guess because even though it's tougher, round steak has a lot less fat hanging on it than New York Strip. Sometimes I can't even stand the sight of "Good" steak.
6. When I was a little girl, I always thought "end table" was "inn table" and I thought "lap top" was "lab top" funny huh?! I guess that's what it sounded like to me when people would say those words. lol.
7. I frequently change my blog entries AFTER posting them to my blog. That is my anal and perfectionist side coming out.
8. I must be the only female in the entire world that doesn't lust over a man with an accent. I don't know why but I actually prefer an American accent. I don't go wild and crazy over men with accents.
9. I have an obsession with buying books and checking out books at the library but I rarely rarely make time to read them or chose to read them. Thankfully, my buying obsession is a thing of the past but I definitely had the obsession for a long long time.
10. I HATE HATE HATE the taste of regular soda. I have been drinking diet soda for so long, at least 15 years, that the taste of regular soda is NASSSTTTYYYY to me. If I was 90 pounds, I would still drink diet soda.
11. I have an irrational subconscious fear of cats. Specifically, of cats biting my face off. I pretty much freak out if I have a staring contest with a cat. You know what I am talking about. lol. The funny thing is that I HAVE a cat! lol. Oh and I HATE frogs too! lol. It freaks me out to think they could jump on me lol!
12. At 30 years old, I am still scared of the dark. I seem to especially hate being outside in the dark in actual neighborhoods. Even my own!!!!! LOL! Silly I know! I HATE bringing in groceries late at night, I usually have Kevin bring them in, lol!
13. Now it's YOUR turn, what is something weird or unique about YOU?!
Making my tired preggo butt take the kids to the park again today, have a GREAT Thursday everyone!
1. I have been sick with a nasty cold ever since our boating day on Sunday. Yeah, the day I still want to write about on here and the pictures that I still need to upload.
2. Every time I cough, I have to concentrate SO HARD on not getting sick. Sometimes I am successful and others not so much. I can't believe I am sicker now than I was in my first trimester. Crazy.
3. This pregnancy is seriously FLYING by. SO FAST. On Saturday I will be 17 weeks, how is this possible?!
4. Soccer starts pretty soon for Nathan, we can't wait! Kevin has signed up to be a coach and I have signed up for some volunteering on the team as well.
5. I think I have felt and noticed the baby move a few times. Emphasis on the word THINK. I'm not sure really. Still too early and "it" doesn't happen enough to know for sure what it is that I am feeling.
6. I still can't believe I am pregnant. You would think by now I would believe it since I have been so darn sick. We are so excited to have this baby in my hometown. It will be the first time bringing home a baby with family and friends around. This time I should have a lot more hospital visitors and maybe just maybe we will get the newborn help that I hear so much about too. lol
7. I worry that a lot of people will be disappointed if this baby is a third boy. I'm not worried about their disappointed feelings, they need to get over it and realize a baby is a miracle and such a huge blessing, no matter the gender, I am more worried because it isn't fair to the baby. I already feel so protective of the baby. It makes me sad to think that some people would be way more excited and happy about a girl coming than a boy. I just know the excitement level would be completely different if we find out the baby is a girl than if we find out it's a boy. No one has said this to me but I can't help but wonder if I am right in my thoughts.
8. It breaks my heart and makes me sick that some people will probably feel sorry for me if I do indeed end up having three boys (OH THE HORROR!!!!!! -- sarcasm people). I don't need or want people feeling sorry for me. How BLESSED I would be to have three healthy boys. So truly blessed. The whole gender thing is ridiculous. A baby, whether a boy or a girl, is the MOST BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING BLESSING there is. PERIOD.
9. It won't stop raining again. YUCK. I am going through park withdrawal and so are the boys.
10. I hate being sick with this nasty cold and my bad allergies.
11. I highly recommend the movie, Poseidon. It is AWESOME! Besides I love the star Josh Lucas anyway. Great great actor and well he is pretty easy on the eyes too *GRIN* This weekend we are hoping to catch another movie/dinner date.
12. The majority of the people in my real life think this baby is a boy and it seems like the majority of people out there in internetworld think this baby is a girl. Hopefully we will know in ELEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. Last night my aunt won a 2006 Ford Mustang. I am SO HAPPY for my aunt and grandma! They plan on selling the car and putting the money in the bank. They could REALLY use the money right now and for the future and no one deserved to win more. Both have been through hell and back and back to hell again with health problems so I am just SO THRILLED for them!
2. I am SO FREAKING tired today. I can barely keep my eyes open. It's going to be a lonnnnggggg day with the kiddos.
3. Even though I am tired as hell and have horrible pelvic pain, I am going to take the kids out for some fun today. I would rather do as little as possible this morning but I am at my happiest when they are having fun. Gotta get out this morning, later in the day it's supposed to be extremely HOT and very very sticky humid. YUCK.
4. I can't believe Clay Aiken was on AI last night, he's been out of the spotlight for awhile now, by his own choice of course. WTH is up with his new hair? I don't like it at all. I guess the style is okay but good lord he needs to cut one or two inches off. Way too long for him. You could hardly see his damn eyes. I thought it was a wig at first for a surprise disguise. As much as I hate his new look, I can't wait for his next album, yes I admit it, I am a Clay dork lol.
5. God I am so tired today.
6. It's really hard to come up with thirteen things when you are so freaking tired.
7. Two weeks from Monday (TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!) is our BIG ultrasound and our 8th wedding anniversary. We have been together for 11 years. So. hard. to. believe.
8. Nathan is so cute about the baby coming. Here are some Nathanisms that have happened recently --- When I asked him if he preferred Dylan or Jacob as our boy name (I am convinced that it's a boy), he said to me, "I like Haley"(our girl name). He is convinced that it's a girl. It's so hilarious. He won't even consider Dylan or Jacob, he must really want a little sister since he already has a little brother. I think it is SO FUNNY that he won't even tell me which boy name he likes better because he is SO SURE that it's a girl.
9. Whenever I am gagging or trying to keep myself from throwing up, he looks at me and says in the cutest and sweetest little voice, "Mommy, the baby in your tummy is making your stomach feel goofy right?" lol.
10. He is constantly asking if the baby can come out and play and if the baby will share toys with him. lol. SO DAMN CUTE.
11. My goal for the summer is to keep the boys very very very busy and to make sure they have lots of fun. I plan on setting up a weekly play date with Nathan's preschool best friend and a weekly play date with Averi. I think we will keep pretty busy with the play dates, soccer, swimming, park visits, and visits to feed the animals at our local vets home.
12. I LOVE this stuff. LOVE IT. It's half the calories of regular OJ and to me it tastes a lot better. I usually can't handle the richness and thickness of regular OJ so the light version is perfect for me. Kevin always teases me and says it's just watered down OJ, he is pretty much right.